- 6PM-8:30PM, Henry F. Vaughan School of Public Health Bldg I and Crossroads and Tower, SPH 1 Rm 1755, FREE!
- About the movie: Soon after her return from a business trip to Hong Kong, Beth Emhoff dies from what is a flu or some other type of infection. Her young son dies later the same day. Her husband Mitch seems immune. Thus begins the spread of a deadly infection. For doctors and administrators at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, several days pass before anyone realizes the extent or gravity of this new infection. They must first identify the type of virus in question and then find a means of combating it, a process that will likely take several months. As the contagion spreads to millions of people worldwide, societal order begins to break down as people panic. Featuring Matt Damon and Gwyneth Paltrow. About Dr. Aiello: Dr. Aiello is Assistant Professor of Epidemiology at the University of Michigan School of Public Health. With a Ph.D. from Columbia University, Dr. Aiello specializes in hand hygiene interventions in the community setting, antibacterial soap use and antimicrobial resistance, the link between infections and chronic diseases, and efficacy of hand hygiene and mask use for reducing influenza transmission in the community setting (The M-FLU Study). With her expertise in the social and life course determinants of infectious diseases, Dr. Aiello has been featured as a guest on the Dr. Oz show and was consulted on the creation of the film. FREE FOOD PROVIDED! OPEN to ALL! Film at 6:00pm, Q&A at 8:00pm.
- 7PM-10PM, Angell Hall, Aud. A, FREE!
- Please join us for a showing of the film “Animal House” starring John Belushi and Tim Matheson.
- 7:30PM, Palmer Commons, 4th Floor Forum Hall, FREE!
- We will be showing a short film titled “The Undetected Rapist.” This video is a re-enactment of part of an interview conducted by Dr. David Lisak, Associate Professor of Psychology and Director of Men’s Sexual Trauma Research Center at the University of Massachusetts-Boston. He and other researchers across the United States and now in Europe conduct research to answer this conundrum: The number of women who have been victims of rape vastly outnumber the number of men indicted, much less convicted of rape. Who are these undetected rapists?
Screen Arts & Cultures Announcement
- SAC Undergraduate Dinner Party & the Opening Night Screenings
- Tues. 3/27, 5:30PM-7:30PM, The Blue Tractor, FREE for SAC Majors, (RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Screen Arts & Cultures department is hosting a dinner party at The Blue Tractor (downstairs) for SAC Undergraduate majors on Tuesday March 27 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. SAC Undergraduate majors at the dinner reception will be given a free admission/ticket to the 50th Anniversary Opening Night Screenings of Ann Arbor Film Festival that evening at 8:00 p.m. located in the Michigan Theater. Don’t miss this event – dinner at The Blue Tractor and free admission/ticket to the opening night screenings at the 50th anniversary of the Ann Arbor Film Festival.
or visit us at 4345 in the Michigan Union.